Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our sweet BOY..


Well I guess after THREE whole weeks it is time to update you all. This will be more of a recap then an update though- gotta start somewhere. :) Will was born right on his due date and things have stayed right on track ever since.. this kid is so sweet and amazingly content. Jade and I had it so easy with Halle being such a good baby that we were hoping for the best but expecting the worst..


I guess we are just BLESSED though because this sweet boy is just precious! This picture was right after he was born- we got to the hospital at about 8:30am on Sunday morning. I started having contractions pretty early that morning, I think they started at about 4am. By 8am though I felt fairly certain this was the "real thing".



I got to the hospital and was dialated to 9cm. Mr. Will was born just a few hours later. My contractions stopped every time I laid down so it took a while for Jade and my mom to convince the nurses that I needed to get out of bed. :) I was so blessed to have my mom and Jade with me for labor and delivery- they were a great team.. holding my clenched hands, fanning me :)



Anyway, so just about 3 pushes and this big guy made his entry into the world. I felt immediate relief and all of a sudden I was SO hungry. :) Will was over 2 pounds bigger than Halle but I was amazed how much easier this delivery was than Halle! I didn't have Pitocin through my IV and maybe that helped.. I had a friend tell me, "God wasn't in church this Sunday- He was with YOU!" And although I am sure God was at church too.. He was DEFINITELY with Jade and I every moment that day!! I can't believe how well everything went!!


Here we are leaving the hospital. We were very ready to go home and start our new life with two beautiful kids! I feel so blessed in that my mom was also able to stay about a week with us after Will was born. Thank you so much Mama for all your help!! And thank you Papa for giving her up and letting her come be with us- we love and appreciate you guys so much.
So now I am only 2 weeks and 6 days behind on my blog HA! :)





No comments: