Monday, October 4, 2010

Blessed be the Name of the Lord

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD. Job 1:21

For I the LORD do not change Malachi 3:6

I am totally amazed at how God is always the same, yet I experience Him in such completely different ways in my life. I have learned so much about God these past few months since beginning this journey of Seminary. I recently had a miscarriage, I was 9 weeks pregnant. It seemed so surreal after experiencing a time of abundant blessing to feel such overwhelming sadness and loss. It has been really hard. I have come to really be thankful for my Bible these days and thankful for the God that it tells me about. It has been overwhelmingly comforting to know God doesn't change. His purpose and plan have been the same since the beginning and each day of my life and each event in my life is a part of that plan. So even though it is extremely hard to comprehend that the God who blessed me with pregnancy was the same God who let that baby die, I am still comforted knowing that none of what has happened is out of His ultimate control. I have been so thankful through this sad time that I can always find TRUTH in the Bible. It is an amazing feeling to not just hear people's words of comfort, but to read God's own words written to me.

Ps. 22:9-10 Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts. Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother's womb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ps. 139:13-15 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Sam. 12:21-23 Then his servants said to him, "What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food." He said, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.' "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ps. 23:6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have learned some amazing things through reading God's word regarding the loss of a child. I was given a book written by John MacArthur by a friend. The book was called "Safe in the arms of God" and it is wonderful because it just takes you through the Bible and helps you find comfort in what GOD says. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has experiences miscarriage or the loss of a young child. God loves us so much and He wrote several amazing things to those of us who would experience this type of loss. He wanted us to know the truth, He wanted us to find comfort in knowing that He loves us and He loves our children even more than we do. He knew each child long before they were born and He allowed each conception for a purpose. I have been so blown away to realize that God saw my baby's unformed body, He saw and knew that my baby wouldn't ever be born but He still created my baby for an amazing purpose. My baby will never know sin, never know the sadness I felt in losing them, they will never experience this world, but they will live for eternity with Christ. My baby will spend eternity worshiping their Creator. And what is so amazing is that because I know with certainty (as David did when he wrote Psalm 23) that I will spend eternity in heaven with God- I can know with confidence that I will get to meet my baby someday and spend eternity with them. God has brought me amazing comfort through His word and I have never been so thankful for His word. God does not make mistakes. Nothing is out of His control. God is love. These promises have comforted us through this sad time for our family.

6 comments:

Frieders Fam said...

Trish, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you all during this difficult time. Keep your head held high. He is great and will continue to watch over you and bless your family. Love to you all.

Amanda said...

My heart is sad and full all at the same time. Love you SO much.

Kayla said...

wow...some things I have never thought about before...PRAISE GOD!

Laura said...

Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Darren, Micky, Ash, & Nealy said...

His love is truly amazing. Love you very much sis.

Char Irish said...

Your faith & love for our Lord has given me passion to learn God's word. As, your incredible family has also. Some things a Mother just knows, & I have told you many times that when Jade brought you to our house, I knew you would be his wife forever. I can't tell you enough how much I prasie the Lord for you in my life. You are such an incredible women Mrs. Greenfield, and wife, and mother! Your passion, prayers & support have brought me closer to Jesus than I ever thought possible. I love you, and will forever.
Along with you @ my incredible son, Halle & Willsy have taken Tom & I to being friends, lovers, w/ loving hearts. Thank you, for just being you.