Has it really been that long?? Geez, I am terrible at this blogging thing! I had great goals of keeping this updated with our summer happenings.. but summer just happened and it happened quickly. I guess I will try to do a brief (haha) overview of our past 15 weeks. :)
I had a dear friend visit this summer and while we were out for lunch one afternoon she told me something that was incredibly profound. She said, "Trisha, you and your family are living in a time of Abundance. God is blessing you abundantly in all areas of your life and it is very clear to see." Well, my friend had summarized our summer in that one simple word.. abundance. God moved in huge and amazing ways to bring us to The Master's Seminary and since arriving here, He has blessed us like we could have never imagined. Jade had a friend from Seminary ask him the other day, "Who is praying for you guys?? I am just in awe the blessings in your life!" It has been so incredible to be in this place and to feel such peace and joy after what felt like a long desert of waiting. Long.. well, not long compared to what many people go through!! But we did have several years of waiting and preparation and learning. We wanted SO badly to be right here... and how blessed wde feel to actually be right here right now. As far as specifics.. our housing situation has been incredible- we are managing apartments in return for rent and it has worked out so well! Jade is working nights at The Master's College, which is a hard schedule to get use to- but it does allow him to attend all his classes and have quite a bit of time at home during the day. We also have amazing benefits through his job. What an amazing comfort to have great medical, dental and optical insurance with kids!!! We found an amazing church here and are getting involved in a great fellowship group. Jade has already found great opportunity to get involved at our church as well- huge huge blessing getting to work alongside an amazing group of men!! And last but NOT least, we are expecting baby Greenfield #3!! We have had an amazing summer with visits from a lot of great friends as well as a week-long visit from my parents (including trip to Disneyland)!! We also have enjoyed several beautiful days at the beach, Santa Monica is our favorite spot for now. :) Jade and I were talking tonight and just praying together. We know that there are going to be so many hard times ahead but for now we are so thankful for the joy and excitement that we have for being here. I'm not going to lie though, we have already started to have our homesick days. It seems every time I log onto facebook I see pictures of another event back home that we missed. :( My friends are all having babies or about to have babies.. some days are definitely hard. We are trying to just stay focused on being here and making the most of every opportunity that God brings our way. We are excited to meet new friends and connect with people here- although we know that it will take time. Jade and I are constantly reminding each other to take 'one day at a time'... to be obedient to what Jesus calls us to do in Matthew6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." It seems like whenever we try to look at the whole big picture of how we are going to accomplish this huge task that is ahead of us- we get incredibly overwhelmed and stressed. One day at a time though- and we are doing just fine! :)
4 comments:
I love reading your posts. It's so nice to see people recognize what they have been given. So glad CA is treating you guys well and congrats on #3! how fun!!!
Wow Trish, I am so glad to hear about all the blessings in your life! That is awesome that you are enjoying CA and SO exciting about another baby...congratulations!
Yeah Finally! Thanks for the great update. Hope you are feeling okay!
So glad my computer is working & so blessed to have children & grandchildren proving what Our Lord can do in ones life!He has also been working on ours & I continue to PRAISE HIM, for all the trials that open my heart to His grace. Love you all so very much, & can't wait till our weather gets windy & cold. Going to have another late Fall garage sale to get us a plane ticket to Las Vegas, to see you via rent a car. Never put any of our winter items out at the last one. In His Love, gma char & grandpa Tom
Post a Comment