Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a great "Nana"!!

I have been looking around my house lately and noticed that so many things make me think of my mom, my kid's "Nana". I just wanted to take a minute and really say thanks Mom for all the you have done for us and for being such an amazing Nana!

My parents moved to Cambodia last summer. We have missed them so much, but we were blessed in having my mom come stay with us during the last week of my pregnancy and the first week of Will's life.

I have to admit that I kind of thought that because it was my 2nd pregnancy, I would probably be ok without my mom.. man, was I wrong! God knew what I had ahead of me and even though my pregnancy with Will was super easy .. the last week was incredibly HARD! I was in a lot of pain and could barely get out of bed as my legs would go numb. I was so emotional and discouraged and I REALLY needed my mom! She was such an amazing encouragement to me and support to Jade and Halle.

Here she is loving on Will so I could take a shower. :)

LOOK at my kid's beautiful playroom. My amazing mom took out a ruler and tape and created this amazing room to add a little "boy" to the previously pink girly room. I took a nap and woke up to this amazing room- I LOVE IT!

The pink wall with shelves built by my super talented hubbie.

The green wall that will have Will's name on it eventually. My mom painted this whole room- it is exactly what I had wanted.

A glimpse into the closet.. Hal on the left, Will on the right. :) OH- and LOTS of diapers!

And then look at this.. Will's Nana made him this beautiful quilt! Noah's ark and the animals in pairs. It is so beautiful!

The colorful rainbow..

The detail on this quilt is so incredible! Will loves it! :)

I had to dig back through the photo files to find these pictures because Halle's quilt is very "loved" and actually needs washed right now. But this is the storybook quilt she made for Halle.

More amazing detail. Halle LOVES this thing and calls it her "covers" HA.

All these pictures just to give you a little taste of all that my mom did to bless us- because I can't really take pictures of all the dishes she washed, the food she cooked, the laundry she washed and folded, the stories she read, the baths she gave... Thanks so much Nana! We love and appreciate you so much. And a HUGE thank you to Papa for giving her up so that we could be blessed. We praise God for you both.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

oh...so sweet! We love you too Nana!

Anonymous said...

ok.. you made me cry! But you have to know, that I was the one who was blessed. Thank you Jesus.

the troyers said...

We do have a pretty awesome example of what a mama is... :)

Char Irish said...

Our Lord has blessed you all so much - with a Mama and Nana, and family who lightens ones life with such humility. You mother has strenghthened my life without even knowing it. I pray for all of you, and continue to learn what the Lord wants from me. Being a part of all of you is my blessing. Love you so much, grandma