Thursday, June 3, 2010
"I will trust, I will obey, I will follow where You lead, come what may.."
A few years ago I learned a new song at church. The words were, "I will trust, I will obey, I will follow where You lead come what may, I will die to myself and Your cross I will take. I will trust You, Lord. I will trust You. I will trust and obey." Those words have become very real and precious to me here in the past few weeks. I sang them as I pulled out of my driveway in Hailey, I sang them as I crossed the California border.. God is Sovereign, ya know. I mean really, He knows everything and He has an amazing plan that we cannot ever comprehend that includes all of us and everything that happens in this entire universe- all working towards His perfect end. I had a lot of time to think and really ponder God and His plan for my life on the 16 hours journey from my home in Hailey to what we will become my new home in Glendale, CA. The last 2 months have been a whirlwind in our lives- but whirlwind that I KNOW was sent from above and so amidst this craziness, I have peace that we are exactly where we are suppose to be. As long as I have known Jade, he has wanted to really know God and to know His Word, the Bible in a way that would help him to share it with others. It has been so hard to watch as repeatedly we would pursue different things and God would clearly close the doors. It is so amazing though to be on this side of things and to see that God knew all along that we would be here right now. :) Two months ago, Jade attended The Shepherd's Conference which is put on by Grace Church and The Master's Seminary in southern California. Jade had an amazing week and came home excited about a program that he had heard about at The Master's Seminary that seemed like a perfect fit for him and for our family. A few weeks later, Jade and I returned to California to learn more about the seminary and to research jobs, places to live, etc. We left our beautiful kids in the very capable hands of my parents, Nana and Papa. :) After 2 days we were more convinced than ever that we wanted to go to TMS, but it was becoming very clear that logistically it would be impossible for us to afford to live, work and go to school in southern California. We sat in a Starbucks in Santa Clarita and I just cried, feeling so overwhelmed, missing the kids and wondering what the heck we were doing out here! We returned home praying for a miracle.. To make this already long story a little less long.. since that day we had an investment company make an offer on our house, we got an amazing job managing apartments for a Christian owner and we have no rent payment, Jade got a job working at The Master's College 32 hours a week with FULL benefits for our family.. oh and Jade got accepted to The Master's Seminary. So.. here we are in Glendale, CA. God loves me, He is so good in that we have time to get settled here before Jade has to start school so I am SO happy that I don't have to learn how to deal with this traffic and crazy city stuff by myself :) Halle loved her house in Hailey, but since arriving here she has repeatedly told us, "I like my new Halle house".. it has taken a huge stress off of me to know that she feels comfortable being here! Our apartment is so great and we are slowly but surely unpacking and making it our home. Halle keeps asking us why it is so hot here, but Jade and I are both loving the sunny California heat. Glendale is definitely more of a city than I was expecting so I am trying to get use to parking garages, traffic, roads with lots of lane and people driving really fast, and not being able to find a grocery store. Seriously, where do people buy food around here?? We just got internet hooked up so hopefully I can mapquest and find a grocery store haha This has been long and extensive so I will end now and go to bed. God is good- trust Him, trust His timing, His ways are NOT our ways, they are high above. God Bless and good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, glad to finally hear the story! Hope all is well with you. Will be praying for your transition time.
LOVE YOU...I laughed and cried reading this...oh emotions..ha ha!
We are thinking and praying for you guys to get settled. Proud of you!
Brian and Jodi
What a whirlwind! You guys are amazing. My mom grew up in Glendale. I'm sure you'll end up loving it there and how neat that everything came together like it did. Your faith in the Lord is inspiring. Tell Jade congrats for getting into the seminary.
p.s. That family picture on your blog is darling!
Love you guys... thanks for sharing your heart. xoxo
Trish, your story is so encouraging! I agree with Kayla...your post made me laugh and cry and think about how amazing it is when God goes before you, opening the doors and preparing the way!
Post a Comment