Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DRIVING WITH BABIES...

So I really did try to update this blog while I was still at home- I have SO many new great pictures of the kids! We have some major changes in schedule though and my internet was WAY too slow! Halle, Will and I had been planning a trip out to Michigan with my mom to visit my sisters and their kids this July. My sister, Kayla was pregnant and due July 10th so we were planning on leaving Idaho on July 5th or 6th to make it out here in time to meet the new arrival. Little baby Estella Mae had a very different plan though and came almost 3 weeks early on June 22th while my older sister Keisa was in Missouri visiting friends, my mom was still in Cambodia and I was home working at the craft tent for Vacation Bible School at my church. ;) Above is a picture of the sweet Stella Mae weighing on 5lbs 8oz.. So to make a VERY long story short, my mom changed her ticket and we left a week early for Michigan. The drive out went very well considering we were travelling so far in three days with a 2 year old and a 2 month old. God truly blessed Jade and I with AMAZING kids though! We were in the middle of no where and stopped at a Little America truck stop on day two.. Halle went in with me and used the "potty chair" as she has been learning to do at home. I left her diaper off of her and just dressed her in her clothes as she had just gone potty and we were heading right to the car for a new diaper before heading out again. We got outside and my mom decided she had better run in to the bathroom before we left so Halle asked if she could go back in with "Nana" as there was a gift shop inside and lots of fun things to look at. Nana said "ok" and took her back in. I forgot to tell her that Halle wasn't wearing a diaper.... Anyway, they were standing in the gift shop looking at some cool rocks when a lady walked by and GASPED very loudly. My mom turned to see a HUGE poop sitting on the carpeted floor of the giftshop. She couldn't believe that it could possibly have come from Halle... Everyone turned and stared at this humongous log on the ground and looked at my poor mom in horror. My mom tried to keep people from stepping on the poop while finding something to pick it up. Then she had to carry Halle into the bathroom and try to clean her up.. that's right- she pooped straight out the bottom of her shorts onto the floor! My mom walked back outside and told me she had just had the most embarassing moment of her life.... woops! :) Anyway, the trip had all kinds of little suprises.. Will pooped all over the sheets of our hotel.. But we did eventually make it! My mom did most of the driving but she was still recovering from jet lag a bit so I ended up having to drive through Chicago in the pouring rain and she was feeling very dizzy that afternoon. I have lived in a tiny town with one divided highway for 6 years now so trying to drive on a road with 6 lanes- AH!! But all the craziness was well worth it- we arrived safely in Michigan and were able to meet tiny sweet baby Stella and see all the other cousins!!
JULY 4TH AT THE BALL PARK!
BROOKE, BRANDON, HALLE AND GAVIN

GO UNCLE CLINT!!
SWEET BABY WILL IS GETTING SO BIG!! SUCH BLUE EYES TOO.
We are having fun but missing Jade SO SO much! Halle cries everytime I let her talk to her daddy on the phone. She keeps telling me, "I NEED to go to Halle's house and see my daddy!! I need my daddy to come to Keisa's house and see me today!" We miss you Jade and we love you so so so so much. xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

Jaci Spain said...

I am DYING at the poop story! That is hilarious and terrible all at the same time:) Your poor mom...LOL!

Glad ya'll made it eventually and hope you are having a good visit!

Char Irish said...

I miss you too! There will be so many memories and the older you get-the more there are!!!God is good. Your prayers have helped so much. We both need them. Spent two days w. Cade & Chandler. When do you get to come home. I told your husband I would send him to you the night I was there & Halle told him she didn't want to go to Cambodia....she missed her Daddy. Tears from the two of us.kisses all around-love grandma & grnadpa

Tamara said...

I didn't hear that poop story! HA! Your poor mom!!!